The Franklin-McKinley School District believes a safe and disciplined learning environment is the first requirement of a high performing school. School uniforms will help minimize disruptive behavior, promote respect for oneself and others, build school/community spirit, and, more significantly, help to maintain high academic standards. Please see below for Lairon College Preparatory Academy uniform options.
- Solid color tan or forest green
- Size appropriate (fitted).
- Belted and not worn below the normal waistline.
- Hemmed appropriately (no pins or staples).
- Walking shorts may not be more than 5 inches above the knees.
- Baggy, oversized pants, or “skinny” pants.
- Shredded or rolled up cuffs or hems.
- Cuffs dragging on the ground.
- Stripes, insignias, embroidery, team names or logos (except for school logo)
- Cutoffs or short shorts.
- Solid color white or forest green
- shirt/blouse with collar (short or long sleeves).
- Turtlenecks acceptable.
- Tee shirts with school logo only.
- White or forest green with plain collar (with or without school logo).
- Jackets, Sweatshirts or Sweaters:
- Solid colors - white, grey, black or forest green (with or without school logo).
- Any designs, insignias, embroidery, team names or logos (except for school logo).
- Solid color tan or forest green, or Christopher
- Plaid, size appropriate (not more than 3 inches above the knees).
- Tights may be worn under the uniform skirt or Culottes in cold weather (white, black, khaki, or forest green).
- Wheelie shoes with non-detachable wheels
- Flip flops or open toed shoes
Shoes & Socks:
- ONLY plain white or black socks
- No Cortez shoes
- No red or blue laces
- No red or blue shoes
Uniforms may be purchased at: JC Penny’s, Target, Sears and/or Walmart