Lairon College Preparatory Academy

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Welcome to Lairon College Preparatory Academy! 12/8 College Day  12/12 Winter Program (6pm)  12/14 Second Harvest Food Distribution  12/18-1/5 Winter Break
Español Việt Nam
Students & Parents » Enrollment


I am new to the area, how do I know which school my child belongs to?

Please check the School Locator to verify which elementary or middle school attendance area your address belongs to.

What documents do I need to enroll my child into school?

To enroll a student you need to provide the following documentation to the school Secretary:

  • Withdrawal papers from previous school

  • Immunization records (If from out of the Santa Clara County, you must also provide the results from the Mantoux TB Test)

  • Birth Certificate (Copy is made in person)

  • Proof of address within the school boundaries: Most current utility bill showing parent/guardian's name and address

  • If student is a Special Education student, a current IEP must be provided at the time of registration, or student can not be enrolled.

Please call the school Secretary for registration hours and to confirm needed registration paperwork.

For a list of schools, click here.

If I want to transfer my child from one Franklin-McKinley School to another, what steps do I take?

  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

If I want to transfer my child outside of the Franklin-McKinley School District, what steps do I take?

  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

How long does it take to receive notice of intra or inter district request for transfer?

Once the completed form has been received by the Student Wellness & Support Services Office, parent/guardian will receive a letter within 10 business days.